We love it when we hear about people using our Hatari Bros. sauces in their fiery food concoctions. We recently came across this recipe for Alberta Crude pulled pork on Instagram and @djkiplinx_official said we could share.
It uses one of our favourite sauces – Alberta Crude. If you’re not familiar with this sauce you can checkout this great review from last year. In a nutshell, it’s smoky with habanero, jalapeno, peri-peri and chipotle peppers. We hope you like the recipe.
Alberta Crude Pulled Pork
1 pork shoulder
5 cloves garlic, crushed not chopped
1 cup beef stock
2 cups ketchup
2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
2 1/2 tbsp. Cajun spice
2 tbsp. Cayenne powder
2 tbsp. chili powder
2 tbsp. onion powder
Worcestershire sauce to taste
1 cup BBQ sauce
Alberta Crude Hot sauce
- Pour a layer of canola or vegetable oil at bottom of your slow cooker and place on low heat
- Prepare your pork shoulder by cutting deep slits and inserting crushed cloves of garlic (about two per slit).
- Rub your pork shoulder with Alberta Crude Hot Sauce and sprinkle with Cajun seasoning until covered.
- Place your pork shoulder in the slow cooker.
- Begin to make your first sauce. Combine beef stock (use chicken if preferred), apple cider vinegar, BBQ sauce, one tbsp. of onion powder, Cajun seasoning, chili powder and cayenne with a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce. Mix with a whisk over medium heat.
- Add a small amount of brown sugar and mix in some Alberta crude Hot Sauce and heat on medium till it thickens up a bit then add mixture into slow cooker.
- Cook on high slow cooker heat for 5-6 hours or until pork starts to pull apart. If you prefer to cook on low heat, please consult guidelines.
- Remove the meat from the bone but don’t shred it just yet.
- Let it cook longer submerged in the BBQ broth at bottom of slow cooker.
- Begin your BBQ sauce by combining 2 cups ketchup, 4 or 5 dabs of Worcestershire, apple cider vinegar, and remaining onion powder, cayenne, chili powder.
- Add some more brown sugar and whisk together on medium heat, this time add as much Alberta Crude Hot Sauce as you would like to your desired level of spice (feel free to also add any other hot sauces you’d like, just don’t forget your Alberta Crude!).
- Cook on medium heat whisking constantly. Lower heat once it starts to bubble.
- Remove pork from slow cooker, pull apart with forks until shredded. Add your BBQ sauce after mixing well.
- That's it!!! Serve on your favorite type of bun or however you like your pulled pork served!!
Thanks for the great recipe @djkiplinx_official!
If you have a recipe you want to share with us, email email@example.com.