We've been hard at work in the Hungry Volcano kitchen and recently developed this new recipe for Habanero wings that will set your taste buds on fire! This recipe uses a habanero pepper mash. You can buy mash or make your own with this simple recipe.
1 pound of chicken wings
1 medium onion chopped in one-inch pieces
5 large cloves of garlic chopped
1 medium carrot chopped into 1 inch pieces
Juice from two limes
¾ cup vinegar
¾ cup water
2 cups of habanero pepper mash
2 teaspoons of Acid Rain Seasoning Salt
¼ cup liquid honey
- Sprinkle ½ teaspoon of Acid Rain Seasoning Salt on the chicken wings.
- Fry wings.
- Combine onion, garlic, carrot, lime juice, vinegar, water, habanero mash and remaining seasoning salt into a blender and blend on medium until hot sauce sauce-like consistency is reached.
- Pour the sauce into the a medium sauce pan and bring it to a boil on medium heat.
- Reduce heat and add honey.
- Pour over cooked chicken wings and toss in a bowl before serving.
If you’re looking for a simple alternative to this recipe, you can skip the ingredients and simply add the seasoning salt on the chicken and then top with Grandma Shivji’s Red Habanero Hot Sauce and Congo Cowboy Mango BBQ sauce. You’ll love them!